Thursday, September 24, 2009

Safe in Mbeya

Jordan's email

We had our first experience with the African children, they are very sweet. They love to feel our skin and some of the girls braided our hair, well, at least those of us that have hair to braid, no boys got their hair braided! One girl named Betai let me carry her around and a couple of the girls attached themselves to me even though I couldn't communicate with them very much verbally. I guess there is much more that we say with our actions than with our words.

Savy, the missionary youth that lives next to the Bentons is a very sweet girl. Danae, Leah, Savy and I went swimming in Savy's pool which was a lot of fun. It was so refreshing, even though the water was freezing.

Hope to send more details later, but the Internet time is extremely limited. Love to all and thanks for following! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment